Current Program Information
- We are an after-school program for 5th-8th graders at the Carver Middle/High School offering homework time, physical/games time, and a special program time with an emphasis on industrial arts and technology.
- Special Programs may include
- Police Explorers
- EMS Explorers
- Civil War Re-enactment
- Seasonal Events
- March Talent Show
- and much more!!
- Kids come to YPAC after school knowing they can get involved in fun activities, knowing it’s okay to do homework, and knowing also that, at YPAC, they can get away from bullying.
- At YPAC, we understand how hard it is when both parents have to work—juggling kids, work, and family time can be extremely difficult!!
- Who can join YPAC? Children entering 5th -8th grades
- Cost: $120 per child/year, $360 for 3+ children/year
Newsletters (Current and Archived)
CSI Camp, Summer 2016:
Community Support + Creativity + Kids = Success
YPAC would like to thank the many people involved in creating and supporting our very successful CSI Camp! This would not have been possible without the continuing support of the Carver Police Union and Department. We are grateful to Carver’s School resource officer, Officer Melo for being so involved, and for those on the force, including Chief Duphily, for being present throughout the week.
Our volunteers (see names below) went above and beyond in their dedication to the program and I can’t believe how much fun we had working together! Our instructor, a graduating High School Senior, Alyssa, was passionate and knowledgeable about Forensics Science and a great teacher, who engaged the kids from the start. A shout out goes to Ally’s lab partner, Nicole, who contributed to the program as well.
Members from our YPAC Board of Directors were available throughout the week and were critical to the organization of our successful BBQ celebration the last day. Special thanks to our tireless BOD Chair, Lisa Padilla Blair, who continues to be supportive for YPAC in whatever capacity is needed at the moment. Bruce Skinner of Hyperion Photography, we also want to acknowledge your PR abilities and banner-making talent. Let’s not forget that when YPAC’s fridge failed right before the camp started, you were able to locate, pick-up, and install a great free replacement in just a few days!
The kids were also amazing and never failed to impress us. We were all sad at the end of the week when the camp was over. One last shout out: Anthony Rota, you are such a great sport and we’re glad you were part of our shenanigans!
–Christina Skinner, YPAC CSI Camp Director